Schedules: June 12-14, 2009
TV5: Friday June 12; 5 p.m.
- Chim Sarat v Som Chanta
- Nuon Sokheng v Yim Deap
- Dun Ratha v Kao Lek
CTN: Saturday June 13; 2 p.m.
- Nhean Vanoy v Serey Ratana
- Naem Chenda v Khim Pichchenda
- Van Chanvey v Cheam Adam (TKO3)
BAYON: Saturday June 13; 4 p.m.
- Svay Somneang v Aem Klimkhmao
- Vung Noy v Heng Samrang Bich Bunthoeun
- Pich Arun v Chea Sarak (TKO3)
CTN: Sunday June 14; 2 p.m.
- Cheng Rithy v Reachesay Chanra Leap Samnang
- Yul Samal v Nuon Likho
- Ma Chaimov v Pich Sombath (no decision)
TV5: Sunday June 14; 3:30 p.m.
- Pi Sopheak v Chin Sovan (TKO2)
- Reachesay Baba v Hul Dara
- Long Sophy v Lao Sinath
BAYON: Sunday June 14; 4 p.m.
- Mul Ratha v Sung Sovan
- Chan Ratana v Yuk Yakil
- Sarim Vonthon v Phal Sophat
Solid cards everywhere, although nothing terribly compelling. Sunday at CTN, Yul Samal v Nuon Likho should be a high-wattage affair. The little big men from Club Salavon always put on a good show: Hul Dara and Cheng Rithy, two of the best at 57kg. Both will have their hands full on the weekend, especially Dara. Lao Sinath and Long Sophy should be a good fight, too, as well as Sarim Vonthon and Phal Sophat. Van Chanvey and the return of Pich Arun are also worthwhile. Everywhere is good this weekend.
In home team action, Angkor Youth Boxing Club boxer Saeng Ratana goes against Phal Sophat on Friday at TV5. In recent months, Ratana has become the boxer to beat at 60kg.